PDA

View Full Version : Turret Thru North Window at Twilight

Don Lacy
06-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Went back to working on files from my Moab trip, here is another Turret Arch Thru North Window image taken before the sun had risen. This is a pretty iconic image I really did not do anything that has not been done a hundred time by others as far as composition goes but hopefully I was able to bring a little of the magic I felt being here in post.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4 IS at 16mm, f/13 at 1/20s, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400, Tripod, Single image converted in DDP4 and brought to life in PS using luminosity mask. I am starting to get more comfortable and deeper into what can be done with luminosity mask and finding them indispensable to my evolving workflow.

Don Railton
06-23-2015, 04:24 AM
Beautiful pastel sky here Don, especially through the window. The deep reds and the blue sky always work for me and this is no exception. Very well done, No nits or suggestions..

DON

Karen Pleasant
06-24-2015, 07:45 PM
The lighting and comp make this a strong image. DOF fits the scene. The reds make a great frame for the pastel sky. It may have been photographed many times, but this is your image....and your memories. Cherish it!

Diane Miller
06-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Very nice -- lovely pre-dawn light! A wonderful presence in that huge rock face. It's incredibly nit-picky, but I'm wondering if there is more detail in the distant blue-purple rocks.

It's a long way down from that rock you were standing on, isn't it!

Don Hamilton Jr.
06-26-2015, 05:45 AM
Excellent Don.. Even though we'd seen this image and comp prior.. I'll never forget us on that tiny ledge, and throwing down some great images together, the lighting was magical.. can you say ..SWEET IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Lacy
06-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Excellent Don.. Even though we'd seen this image and comp prior.. I'll never forget us on that tiny ledge, and throwing down some great images together, the lighting was magical.. can you say ..SWEET IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a great morning to bad both of us where to chicken to climb up on the egg shape boulder. You need to start posting some images on this forum I know you got them.

dankearl
06-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Classic and very well done.....

Morkel Erasmus
06-27-2015, 04:26 PM
A classic view and just love the rich colours coming through here, Don!
I note a slight halo along the inner edge of the arch...

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi Don, beautifully done...love the color of the rock in this part of the US...hope to get there someday myself!