PDA

View Full Version : Flower head

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2015, 09:16 AM
Tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro light box twin flash ISO 100 1/125 sec f16. I applied a luminosity mask to the highlights to bring out a little more detail in the petals, other than that it is a straight shot, slightly cropped and sharpened for web.
I was just messing about photographing a moth pupa, hopefully I will get the image as the moth emerges this week. Whilst I had the set up out I thought I would do some focus stacking, fully intending to stack this one but to my surprise I don't think it needs it - (WDYT?) I haven't a clue what it is other than something that reseeds itself each year in the garden.
All comments welcome.

John Robinson
06-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Nice flower shot Jon
It Looks like Nigella- or commonly called Love in a mist ( Usully blue )
John

Warren Spreng
06-22-2015, 09:57 PM
What a beautiful subject, nicely done!

Diane Miller
06-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Elegant!! I though it was a stack. Gorgeous detail in the whites. I like the slight discoloring in some of the petals -- adds an element of reality.

MiroslavMaric
06-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Like the frame, POV and subject. Well processed white petals and I like the details of the flower too. As John already noted this is Love in mist but I have never seen this plant with white petals. So you did a great job with unique plant and great shot. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Jonathan Ashton
06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone, glad you liked it.

Jerry van Dijk
06-23-2015, 03:25 PM
You PP treatment worked wonders on the details on petals and flower centre! Wonderfully done. Personally I don't mind that some of the green stalks are OOF. No need for stacking.