View Full Version : Ringed Plover

William Dickson
06-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1x4
f/6.3
1/3200
ISO 500

This is another from my session with these lovely birds.

Thanks for looking, and comments, views, on my Black Headed Gull pic, much appreciated

Will

Bill Nuttall
06-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Beautiful bird and image William

I saw just one Little Ringed Plover last Friday - too far away to get a good shot

Nice Banded Beak, no eye ring and leg colour that differentiate it from the LRP

I'm a novice on C & C at this level ………is there enough foreground at the bottom of the image?

To me it is a beautiful image

William Dickson
06-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Thanks for that Bill. Unfortunately there was vegetation between me and the bird as I was laying down at the time. I think it is always good to get a low as POV as possible. This is as much as I could leave on the bottom. I suppose I could add a wee bit canvas, but I think it is ok as is :S3:

Will

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Good pick-up there Bill! :S3:

I agree, but my original thought was to trim a bit from above Will. That way it would balance a touch better IMO.

Nice frame, though light seems to be getting a bit high by now. Wish that white pebble was not there. That really draws my eye away from the beautiful little plover.

Thanks for sharing mate.

keith mitchell
06-22-2015, 02:38 AM
The detail and sharpness on the bird is exceptional Will, nice calling pose, like this a lot.

Keith.

Randy Stout
06-22-2015, 06:09 AM
William:

Excellent profile shot, good POV, well exposed, sharp.

i agree with Akos, I would tone down the OOF white pebble by the feet.

Because of your low POV and vegetation, I think you made the right call on how much foreground to include.

Cheers

Randy

Lyle Gruby
06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Bird and IQ look great, light is a little harsh, and I agree with taking a bit from the top and perhaps adding a sliver to the bottom.

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Lovely shot very natural setting and a delightful pose - well done.