PDA

View Full Version : Bison Scape

Andrew Merwin
06-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Mark IV, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/320 100-400@400, FF

I debated whether this should be posted in landscape or wildlife. I decided on landscape because of the wildflowers & stream & because I wanted to show the relationship between the landscape & the bison. In spite of the bisons’ size, they are small compared to the landscape.

I tried a pano crop, but preferred the FF image for the above reasons.

Unfortunately, it is losing sharpness in the upload.

Rachel Hollander
06-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Hi Andrew - You could always post it in both. I do like the stream running through and the yellow wildflowers. If it were mine I would crop some off the top, about half the distance between the bison and the top edge.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
06-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Hi Andrew,

The 's' curved river is classic landscape content. I like this image, however I think your POV is a little too high to show the vast expanse of the plain these guys are probably feeding on, so for me your intent is not fully apparent in the photo. For that reason in this image would focus more on the stream and the bison and crop some off the top to do that. I would try get a bit lower next time so you can see off into the distance with the Bison in the FG...

DON

Don Lacy
06-22-2015, 08:57 PM
I agree with the other with the comp and i would also add a bit more contrast to the image and I wish there was more detail in the buffalo

Morkel Erasmus
06-27-2015, 12:13 AM
I like the idea you were shooting with, Andrew, and I like the soft colours and the s-line here.
Honestly though, I would crop most of the space from the top to make it pano and submit it to wildlife then... :e3

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi Andrew, I love the "S" curve but yes a large crop from the top will improve the overall look and feel of this scene.