PDA

View Full Version : Bull Frog pair.

Satish Ranadive
06-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Image was created on the 6th June,2015 after the first rain.
We get an opportunity to photograph these mating frogs only on this day,fortunately it was sunny morning. Basic editing. Cropped for composition. NRapplied to BG.
Water cleaned. I am not sure about composition, does it have too much negative space?

ISO :400, 1/640,@5.6.Manual. Spot metering. 550D,100-400.
Thanks for viewing ,appreciation, comments and critiques.
Kind Regards.
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
06-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Satish lovely image, I like the size and crop . The image is very clean but i notice you have left a couple of subtle ripples - important I think. Sometimes I feel it is too tempting the make the surroundings or background perfect - nature is rarely like that.
For some reason your text is coming up white on a pale grey background - not very easy to read - not sure why?
Hey I like the logo but you need a new one for macro too:S3:

Steve Maxson
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Wow, Satish! I like the behavior, comp, low shooting angle, light, sharpness, reflections, and calm water. This is just about perfect!

Mike Poole
06-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Simple but very effective shot - I like everything about it

Diane Miller
06-19-2015, 03:20 PM
This is just gorgeous!! I love how clean it looks. I could see a little cropped off the top, but not a big deal.

They only mate one day a year?? Looks like you're going to have a nice crop of tadppoles, though. Hope you got more from this opportunity -- would love to see them! I can't get within 50 ft of a frog.

Satish Ranadive
06-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your feed back and kind comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
06-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Satish lovely image, I like the size and crop . The image is very clean but i notice you have left a couple of subtle ripples - important I think. Sometimes I feel it is too tempting the make the surroundings or background perfect - nature is rarely like that.
For some reason your text is coming up white on a pale grey background - not very easy to read - not sure why?
Hey I like the logo but you need a new one for macro too:S3:

Thank you Jonathan for your kind comments. I am not sure why text is not coming the way it should come. I will check.
I will re post the image keeping water as it is.
Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
This is just gorgeous!! I love how clean it looks. I could see a little cropped off the top, but not a big deal.

They only mate one day a year?? Looks like you're going to have a nice crop of tadppoles, though. Hope you got more from this opportunity -- would love to see them! I can't get within 50 ft of a frog.

Thank you Diane,
I see these frogs only after first heavy rain in the flooded paddy fields, which are dry for 3-4 months in summer . Not sure, I will able see to tadpoles because field will be knee deep mud and water , difficult to go there.

Regards,
Satish.

MiroslavMaric
06-21-2015, 02:43 AM
Hi Satish,

Agree with above comments. Like the composition of the frame, colors and reflection. The calm water and eye contact make very lovely photo. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Randy Stout
06-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Satish:

This is great, reflection, colors, pose, water. Well captured indeed.

Congrats.

Randy

Satish Ranadive
06-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Miro and Randy Sir,
Thank you so much for your feed back and compliments.

Regards,
Satish.

BenBotha
06-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Lovely!! Nothing to add, wish it was mine!
Ben

Satish Ranadive
07-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Thank you Ben.

Regards,
Satish.

Karen Pleasant
07-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Got to chime in with the others.....wonderful image. I especially like the bubbles at the front and along their bodies. Such detail! And the colors and patterns are very interesting and pleasing. Never that I'd say that about frogs! LOL!

Satish Ranadive
07-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Thank you so much Karen for the kind compliments.

Regards,
Satish.