View Full Version : Oystercatcher

William Dickson
06-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm
f/8
1/1250
ISO 2000

Another one from my trip to Cairngorm at the weekend. On Saturday, it was light rain all day, both the oystercatcher and myself got wet, but it was worth it :S3:

Thanks for looking and all the comments and views on my Barnacle Geese, very much appreciated.

Will

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-18-2015, 07:10 PM
I love seeing images taken in what is not "perfect" light.
This is simply true nature photography. Life goes on irrespective of light.
Conditioning of photographers into the "perfect" light cliché is a little too old now for me. Not to say I don't love late afternoon light, I will shoot in all conditions for the reasons mentioned.

A really appealing photograph Will. Beautiful balance of comp and the flowers just add even more to the frame.

Excellent work mate!

Lorant Voros
06-18-2015, 07:58 PM
I love the setting here, the drizzling rain, the water drops on the bird, the environment and I can just go on. Well worth getting wet. Hats off to you, William.

Jim Crosswell
06-18-2015, 08:03 PM
I like the walking pose, rain, flowers, IQ and just the right amount of OOF FG. A beautiful setting and image Will!

keith mitchell
06-19-2015, 04:33 AM
Caught the conditions spot on Will, love the marching pose ,very nice work.

Keith.

Geoffrey Montagu
06-19-2015, 06:16 AM
I'll say it was worth it, William. Though the weather was inclement, you captured so much in this image. I like that you stopped the drops of rain, achieved such detail in the darker feathers and love the droplets of water on his back. It's not often we see this shore bird walking through a green pasture, not to mention with nice small yellow flowers as an added plus. One of your best IMO, William.

Geoffrey

Karl Egressy
06-19-2015, 08:11 AM
A truly beautiful pleasing image, Will.

stuart wanuck
06-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes different but I like it nice bg

Raybel Robles
06-19-2015, 10:21 AM
I love this image. Lovely settings with the rain and small yellow flowers and superb IQ. Great stuff!

Jonathan Ashton
06-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Whoa that is a gem full marks from me Will. Composition exposure and detail great stuff.

William Dickson
06-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. I managed to get one foot showing, this time, Jon :w3

Will :cheers:

Mike Poole
06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Lots of little bits to like on this shot Will. You've got a nice pose and the setting is almost 3D with the foreground and the BG interest. The grass stalks on the lower right frame the Oystercatcer nicely, and I'm a sucker for rain shots, so to have both the rain coming down and the water droplets on the bird suit me down to the ground.

Definitely one of my favourites from you

Mike