PDA

View Full Version : Daylily

Joseph Przybyla
06-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Recently Dottie and I were heading out to see what birds we could find to photograph. While I was waiting for her to finish in the house I noticed this Daylily. I like the water droplets from our irrigation system that had run early that morning. I set up my camera and made a couple images. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/250 F/8 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 640 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 10
Cropped for composition

Ron Conlon
06-18-2015, 08:19 AM
A very pleasing shot. Water droplets are almost always a nice addition, and the background is good, though some manipulation to smooth it a little might work. A little more contrast (perhaps burn in some shadows?) in the flower might bump it up a bit.

Steve Maxson
06-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi Joe. I like all the water drops and you have good sharpness over most of the flower. I also like the view into the flower with the blossom facing slightly to our left. Cropping is subjective, but you might consider taking a little off the left. I like Ron's suggestion of upping the contrast a bit as the light looks a little flat. You might also try adding some vibrance or saturation (but not too much) to give the colors a little more pop. I think a few tweaks will take this image up a notch or two! :S3: