PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Ya'll!

Karen Pleasant
06-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Obviously a new member here. Coming from another no-ad forum, I understand the challenges of maintaining a health, active forum.

I will be going to South Africa later this year and hope to capture some birding shots along the way.

You can check out some of my birding work in my birding gallereries.... (http://www.pleasanttravelsphotography.com/Porftolio/Birds1) I'm very much a novice....

I'm hoping to learn a lot here.

Christopher Miller
06-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi, Karen, and welcome to BPN! You have some very nice photos on your website, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot here. Looking forward to your participation!

Gabriela Plesea
06-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi Karen, and a warm welcome to BPN!

I too had a look at your website and enjoyed what I saw - being an avid wildlife photographer, I spent the most time looking at your bear images - wonderful captures!

Apart from avian, I also noticed you had some lovely landscapes, there's a Landscape Forum where you can post them.

Looking forward to your posts, BPN is a great place and I am sure you will enjoy it here!

Kind regards,

Diane Miller
06-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Hi Karen,

Welcome to BPN! Your photography is excellent -- it was a pleasure to view your web site!!

I look forward to your participation here!

Karen Pleasant
06-18-2015, 07:09 PM
I sooooo appreciatee the warm welcome! Thanks to each of you! A few friends of mine suggested this forum.

I try to photograph the opportunities I am given! LOL! Thus, my images are eclectic! The grizzly images were from our first trip to Alaska in our new 5th wheel. We hope to return in 2016.

Currently I am struggling with gear decisions for South Africa! Between my husband, who shoots semi-pro video, and myself, we have little room left for clothes!

Diane Miller
06-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Photography trips give new meaning to the term, "clothing optional." Best of luck with the decisions. We have so many great options these days.

Hazel Grant
06-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Welcome!!!!!!

Gabriela Plesea
06-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Dear Karen,

Should you arrive in SA during our summer, you don't need that much clothing - it is hot, and in places quite humid too. In the winter all you need is a jacket for early mornings and evenings. So more gear please, and less clothes! Sunscreen is a must, the sun is unforgiving. And a huge hat, preferably a glamorous one, LOL. Do drop me a PM before you travel to SA, I will send you a list of "to pack" if you like:)
And now...let us see some images, please:bg3:

Have a wonderful week-end:w3

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Hi Karen and welcome to BPN! [

Currently I am struggling with gear decisions for South Africa! Between my husband, who shoots semi-pro video, and myself, we have little room left for clothes!

Just wear the same clothes for a week at a time or so. I would take camera gear over attire any day! :bg3:

Karen Pleasant
06-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi Karen and welcome to BPN! [

Just wear the same clothes for a week at a time or so. I would take camera gear over attire any day! :bg3:

Based on your avatar, I can understand that statement! LOL!

Daniel Cadieux
07-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Hi Karen, I've seen you participating actively these past weeks...looks like you are enjoying BPN in the way it is meant to! Just thought I'd pop in to your introduction post here to send an official "Welcome to BPN" message:S3:. Keep it up!

Karen Pleasant
07-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I must say I am blown away by the stunning images I have been viewing. Being able to view and study such high quality images all in one place is simply thrilling and inspiring. And I also appreciate the constructive and balanced critiques. I am learning a lot just by reading the posts!