PDA

View Full Version : Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise No. 2

Robert Amoruso
06-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise No. 2

Taken a week before the image I posted eariler here, April 27th.

This one does not have the sun in it. The wave action and resulting patterns are, as you can expect, extremely variable. I am looking to make this series of images into a theme or body of work and will start posting individual images here for comments. So let me know what you think. Thanks.

Canon 1D mark III, 24-105mm @ 58mm
8 sec, f/22
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +1 1/3
ISO: 50
AF mode: Manual Focus
Drive: Single frame shooting
Self-timer: 2 secs (I am using a Canon TC-80N3 Cable Release)

Adams Serra
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Robert,
Yesterday's image and this one are beautiful, but i prefer yesterday's image with the sun in it.I am looking forward to see more of these series.

Adams

Roman Kurywczak
06-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey Robert.
I've been debating this one myself for a few hours and even kicked my kids off the desktop to check it there..........I love the colors and the textures of the water.........but as there is no center of interest.......the eye keeps wandering ........ even as an abstract........the shades and patterns they make....are somewhat overwhelmed by the sky........as it lacks texture. I did a "browser crop" ........of the entire sky..........then I like it as an abstract!........but don't know if it will appeal to you???

Rich Ikerd
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I really like the abstract effect here Robert (though I like the previous version with the sun better). Cropping the "pure" sky and only leaving the water might put more focus on the abstractness versus the "photo" perspective.

Brian Wong
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Robert!

The colors are lovely, but I am in the camp that is lost looking for a subject! However, that does not stop me from staring at all the texture, and hues, and forms of your image! I bet this looks amazing in full size!

I am looking for some help and guidance with abstracts!

Robert Amoruso
06-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. This really helps me to understand what works and what doesn't.

I have gone back over 4 years of image making at this location and it is interesting to see my progression of what and how I made image here at the seashore.

I think that the patterns in the surf as modified by the shutter speeds are the key to my further exploration of this subject. I still like the ones I do with the sliver of sky in the BG but think that with those added sand inthe FG may provide a framing effect that is missing here.

More to come.

Paul Marcellini
06-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Of course I have not stopped taking traditional landscapes but I have been trying different things like the Tillandsia on the cypress where there is no clear subject. Maybe because I am exploring it too, I really like this. When we see a scene, we focus on everything, textures, shapes, etc. I think this stuff may be more powerful as a series. Now Im rambling.

Bottom line, i like it.

Grady Weed
06-06-2008, 12:34 PM
The first one definitely has my vote over this one. Something to frame it with would be nice.