PDA

View Full Version : Moss from a different perspective

Warren Spreng
06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
While out trying to catch some dragonflies I came upon this little moss patch just after a rain shower. What a great perspective! Canon T3i, Canon EF-S60 mm Macro, ISO 1600, 1/200, f/10 I hadn't changed the ISO since I was trying to catch some dragonflies in flight.

Or do I go with the full frame???

Jonathan Ashton
06-16-2015, 11:44 AM
I like both but I would go fro full frame myself. Every now and then I see something like this in the garden and think I must take a pic of that, I like the images in the dew drops - something I haven't been able to capture yet. I like the DOF and focal point chosen and (surprise surprise) I like the dark background.

Warren Spreng
06-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks Jonathan, funny you mention seeing something in the garden that made you think you should take a picture of that, this is exactly what happened with this shot. I was trying to catch a Mason Bee and it wasn't cooperating and I just happened to glance at the moss that grows around one of the Bonsai Trees I have and I noticed the water droplets and thought, "Hmmm, I should take a shot of that!":bg3: The dark background just happened due to the tree having a japanese maple right behind it so I was shooting into the shade of the tree, but the moss was in sunshine.

Diane Miller
06-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Very nice, with wonderful refractions! I love these fairy-forest shots! My choice would be the crop, but that's just a personal preference for zooming in on a subject to simplify it.

Warren Spreng
06-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Very nice, with wonderful refractions! I love these fairy-forest shots! My choice would be the crop, but that's just a personal preference for zooming in on a subject to simplify it.

Thanks Diane, I like the crop too for the same reason.