PDA

View Full Version : Rose

Wendy Kates
06-14-2015, 09:19 PM
I am trying to learn focus stacking: this is a composite of 6 images, combined in PS CS6. Tones tweaked a bit in Nik CEP, cropped and sharpened. Critiques welcome.
Canon 7D Mark II
100m f/2.8 Macro lens
ISO 200, f/22, 1/80s
tripod

Warren Spreng
06-15-2015, 05:49 AM
This is something I have not tried yet, looks like you were successful. Nice textures and color.

Steve Maxson
06-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi Wendy. It looks like the stacking was quite successful! This is a strong image that I think would be even better had the light been a soft overcast rather than bright sun (even though you have good detail in your shadows). :S3:

Ron Conlon
06-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Nicely done. The great depth of focus through stacking adds a lot here. I don't mind the hard light in this case, although I would darken or paint some of the bright parts at the edges of the frame to prevent them from leading the eye out of the frame. I think that the hard light is mitigated to my eye by the hyperrealistic deep focus. Stopping down to f/22 is not ideal, if you can capture more frames at a more open aperture that should improve image quality.

Wendy Kates
06-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks, all. Tomorrow evening I am heading back to the rose garden where i took this photo so I'll incorporate all of your advice, and hopefully make even stronger images!

Jonathan Ashton
06-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Wendy I think you have a good image there the composition is good for me. i think the advice you have been offered will result in excellent shots - looking forward to more!

Diane Miller
06-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Gorgeous! Keep trying this technique -- it can be wonderful! Good advice above.