PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Heron (Egretta tricolor)

Frank Schauf
06-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Feb. 2015 Little Estero Lagoon - Fort Myers/Florida
EOS 1DX, EF600mm f/4L IS II USM, f/4, 1/5000s, ISO 400

Lorant Voros
06-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Love it. It has a very artistic and poetic feel. I'd be tempted to lighten the top part of the BG a little bit if possible, but very nice as it is.

Joe Subolefsky
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Love the colors. I would be tempted to crop the top and remove about half the space above the head. I think it would lead your eye more into the photo instead of it just being a static centered there it is subject.

Mike Poole
06-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Very tranquil, love the calmness of the scene and the way the light has hit the feathers on the back. A little head turn would have finished this off perfectly, but a very nice shot as presented

gail bisson
06-08-2015, 03:05 PM
I love the moodiness this image evokes. Great colors.
I am OK with crop of OP.
Only to improve this IMHO would have been a slight head turn our way!
Did you know some people call this a zipper heron because of the vertical line of white feathers on the neck that give the appearance of a zipper on the neck? That is your trivia for the day!:w3
Gail

Robert Kimbrell
06-08-2015, 04:22 PM
A beautiful Image, Great colors and love the way reflect in the calm water. Agree on the head turn, but I would take it any day. As far as the crop, I prefer yours as I find the black on top gives more depth to the image.

Daniel Cadieux
06-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes, a better head angle would have taken this over the top...but I love the reflection and colours. I'm torn on the blue sky at bottom edge, I feel it would have been better green all the way down. Still a strong image, I like it!

Sidharth Kodikal
06-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Just love the deep fg and bg colors and how the merge seamlessly. The reflection is near perfect and the light is beautiful. Agree that a tad more head turn would've been great, but killer image nonetheless.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Love the BG and the stillness to the image. The sky at the bottom is fine with me.
Agree about HA. While the yellows look very rich, it is likely the natural colour.
Congrats and TFS!