PDA

View Full Version : The Frog Handoff - Part Deux

Marina Scarr
06-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Soon after copulating, the male swallow-tailed kite tried 3x to hand off the frog to his wifey during a fly by of the top perch. If you haven't seen the series from the first thread, the link is here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/128694. Each time he failed, so he devised a new plan of action. Here are the captures of the scheme he hatched. Smart bird!

Canon 1D4, Canon 500 & 2x @ 1000mm
F10, 1/800sec, ISO 640, manual mode
Feisol tripod, Jobu head

Comments and critiques are always most welcomed and much appreciated.

Gabriela Plesea
06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Hello Marina,

This is superb - my favourite frame is no 2, lovely eye contact between the two subjects there, awesome capture... and what a great follow up to the first thread!

Love the framing and interaction, lovely clean BG, frames well exposed and composed... I cannot thank you enough for sharing this - so special, extremely interesting capture of the behaviour of this species... and yes, a very smart bird indeed:)

Been hoping to see images like this in Story Sequences Forum, it is happening now and I am so thrilled... thank you so much for finding the time to participate with such amazing sightings, this is truly awesome Marina:5

Warmest regards,

Marc Mol
06-09-2015, 01:57 PM
As Gabriela has said, just great to see this behaviourial observation in this and your other series Marina, well done.

TFS

Diane Miller
06-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Great behavior beautifully captured! Thanks for posting!

Andre Pretorius
06-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Great story with Superb images to match, well done Marina!