PDA

View Full Version : Feast for an eagle

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-08-2015, 06:12 AM
White-bellied Sea Eagle juvenile feeding on fish (baited) on my friend's property adjoining a large wetland. On Saturday I had at least five different aged WBSEs out there taking food in front of my hide. The hide was a mere 65 feet from the perch that I placed there.
From my experience it is next to impossible to get anywhere near this close to raptors around here.

Canon EOS 5DMkIII
500mm f/4L IS USM
Manual mode
ISO 1600, f/8, 1/3200th
full frame image
Tripod and Wimberley Gimbal head
Hide

Karl Egressy
06-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Nice action shot, Akos. Harsh light but well handled.

Satish Ranadive
06-08-2015, 09:29 AM
excellent image with nice IQ. very nice action captured. I like the raised wings, perfect colours, great fine details and nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Lorant Voros
06-08-2015, 10:37 AM
You are having a truly amazing opportunity with this hide and it is well worth all the time you have to spend in the hide. Nice feeding pose, good details in the plumage of the raised wings. I am glad that the eye is visible here. Good work. Keep them coming.

gail bisson
06-08-2015, 03:11 PM
It is such " a high" when you are presented with such a wonderful opportunity like this.
I really like the feeding action depicted.
Wish the far wing was angled a bit better.
IQ is excellent and nice that the eye is visible.
Gail

James Salywoda
06-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Excellent feeding action going on here well captured Akos.....Good to see your name on the forum again.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Excellent feeding action going on here well captured Akos.....Good to see your name on the forum again.

Thanks James. Nice to see you as well. Hope you'll post some wicked raptors soon! :S3: