PDA

View Full Version : Port Angeles, WA

Diane Miller
06-07-2015, 09:31 AM
A mix of fog and some sort of power plant (?) caught my eye on takeoff from Port Angeles on a recent trip. Canon 5D3, 100-400 II at 148mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/2000 sec. Might have gone to a lower SS but there is something about the AF button that causes us to hit turbulence. The landscape equivalent of it causing the bird or other subject to instantly take off.

Minimal processing in LR, with contrast brought up a lot. Then into PS for more midtone work. Wish I had more at the bottom but there were houses and buildings there that distracted from the scene.

Don Railton
06-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Hi Diane

Do like the Fg with the 's' shoreline leading to chimney. I agree more FG would be nice but understand why you chose not to include. The chimney could be a steamship heading out to sea, although I guess steamships are a bit thin on the ground these days.. I would be tempted to crop a little off the top, to maybe halfway between the chimney and the top border..

Understand what you mean about the turbulence, my portrait shots seem to be linked to the blink response. Pretty sure its the same thing.

DON

Andrew McLachlan
06-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Hi Diane, I love the amount of fog in this scene and do agree with Don on a crop from the top...at first I thought the scene was smog from the power plant...I wish the fog lifted just enough that the shoreline was more visible right up to the power plant...very nicely scene.

Diane Miller
06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys! I'll have another look at the original -- maybe I can clone a little more fog in to cover the buildings at the bottom. Good idea about more off the top.

Don Lacy
06-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Hi Diane, I like the S curve of the shore and the symbolism of the power plant