PDA

View Full Version : Iris #3

Mike Gallo
06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Taken in my garden this week, D3, natural light, 200-400 + 1.4 x @ 420, - 2/3 stop, ISO 1600, 1/40 sec @ f/16
I did not use any noise reduction here, although it may need some. Just kind of testing out the Nikon equipment, late in the day. I would like to start doing some floral this year so any suggestions are welcome.:)

Mike Moats
06-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Mike, looks like a pretty nice image. Good details on the flower while maintaining a nice colorwash in the BG. Only suggestion would be to try an avoid bulls-eyeing the flower. Maybe shooting this in a vertical, adding some stem and having the flower show in the top thirds.

Ed Vatza
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
The iris looks like I should be able to reach into my computer screen and touch it. :) Very nice color and detail. The background is great. If I may ask, what is it? I recently did a close-up using a large green leaf as background and it turn that aqua color.

I would agree with Mike's comment re: moving the image off center.

Christina Evans
06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi Mike -- I agree with the above. That is really luscious color and beautiful detail.

Glad you are enjoying your NIkon. I've had some good luck with the Mark2N -- finally got an endangered Florida Grasshopper Sparrow at the end of April with it after several previous attempts. Thanks again!

John Cooper
06-02-2008, 12:02 AM
A very attractive Iris Mike with excellent detail and exposure. Agree with Mike re composition.

Mike Gallo
06-02-2008, 07:55 AM
The BG is a blue spruce.

Fabs Forns
06-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey partner, great to see you around. Luscious flower with rich colors and detail. Remember if you are going to do a centered compo, it's best to do it vertical.
Will be looking forward to your flowers :)

Alfred Forns
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Mike What a stunner !!!! Agree with the vertical composition suggestion. Amazing detail and love the clean ISO Does make an overall difference in sharpness not having to use and aggressive noise reduction program !!! Big Congrats !!!

Julie Kenward
06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Love how you got such great detail on the inside of the iris. It's really beautiful. The composition does leave a bit to be desired but the focus and the BG are wonderful!