PDA

View Full Version : The rush...

Don Railton
06-07-2015, 04:56 AM
Hi Guys,

A close up of the rock visible in the last post. This is a bit of an experiment in simplicity. I have tried to highlight the waves movement and power... feel free to tell me what you think of it.

Processing mostly done in ACR by setting levels etc. A curves layer applied in PS to highlight the tone in the wave/water and the rock sharpened. This is full frame.

1D4 & 70 to 200 F2.8 @ 110mm, on a tripod
0.5 sec at F14 ISo 160

DON

Diane Miller
06-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Very interesting, with the different varieties of motion blur on the left and in the splash. Very effective, for me.

Have you tried tweaking the colors in the rock? There is some green creeping in that doesn't seem to fit somehow.

Don Railton
06-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Well spotted Diane.. I was focusing on tweaking the WB to get the water as i wanted it, did not look at the rock..

Andrew McLachlan
06-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Hi Don...my kinda image!!! I love the wave action and the placement of the rock and the little wave crash blur along the right edge is lovely...good call by Diane on the greens. Very nicely done!

Don Railton
06-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks Andrew..!

Don Lacy
06-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Hi Don , I see you did not get a lot of comments on this one. I love the light on the water and the amount of blur but I feel the rock over powers the image. I would have loved it if you had just taken an image of the water I think the light and movement and layered pattern would of been strong enough on its own.

Don Railton
06-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Hi Don,

again, thanks for the comments.. I am planning to experiment a little more with these. I want to include a lot more wave on the left in a pano format to try and emphasis the water rush, the extra water will reduce the dominance of the rock I hope, and Pano to remove the distraction of distant BG. I want to keep the rock for the splash back it provides.... I do agree that the water on its own would make a nice simple image though.

DON