PDA

View Full Version : Bumble bee (yet again!)

Jonathan Ashton
06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro Auto ISO +0.3EV, 1000 1/1000 sec f16
Same bee different frame, a little better??

Mike Hitchen
06-05-2015, 12:38 PM
This could be your best one yet - almost perfect framing and balance. The bee being slightly higher than the open end of the flower gives a sort of visual balance to it. The only thing missing is a bit of wing sharpness but I only realised that after gawping at the image as whole.

Gabriela Plesea
06-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Just awesome, Jonathan! Lovely clean BG and such beautiful detail on the flower and bee - its wings move so fast, they almost "disappear", what lovely effect!

F16 works wonders her -I so love this, you certainly know what you are doing... superb work, congratulations!

Kind regards,

Warren Spreng
06-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Talk about freezing him in mid air, without the wings it gives the impression that he is floating! Great position of the legs too. I wish my bee had been a bit more separated from the flower as it is in this one.

MiroslavMaric
06-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Hi Jonathan,

Like the details and colours balance. Hard to be better. If mine I would like to see a bit more of wings & blur and the position of the bumble bee would be a bit more close and down to the flower with more landing position. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Jonathan Ashton
06-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks very much everyone. I chose this frame format becasue I may be using this image in a panel that I am pulling together.

Diane Miller
06-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Wonderful sharpness and detail, great color, but I find myself wishing for wings.... Makes me almost want to see it as a jumping bee that has launched itself at the flower. :S3:

Allen Sparks
06-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Great in flight approach shot and I like the crop/composition. I am noticing a lighter BG around the bee - is that just coincidence? Also some patterns in the BG above the flower. A wonderful shot indeed.

Allen

Jonathan Ashton
06-07-2015, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback, the wings are unfortunately rather subtle but they are there. I made the situation difficult for myself, the background (Allen) is one of two I have on an A3 and to be honest I am not happy with either so I end up altering the saturation and brightness, I have just made a new one hopefully that will be better....I will try again!....one day, one day I will get the shot I want.

Ron Conlon
06-07-2015, 05:35 PM
I liked the previous one better for the more visible wings and softer light. Still, despite the suggestions these are exceptional.