PDA

View Full Version : Bruce...

Don Railton
06-05-2015, 07:21 AM
Hi Guys

A quick image taken tonight.. Lots of thin clouds around early in the evening which I hoped would turn into more than it did, this is one of the better of the evening.. I like the pastel colours, thought I might share.

1D4 + 18mm Zeiss on tripod

1/10 sec @ f10 ISo 160

Full width but a little cropped of the top..

Minimal processing, Converted in ACR setting levels etc, then adjusted in PS using a curves layer on the sky and a bit of selective sharpening on the rocks.. called it Bruce because could think of a better title...

David Stephens
06-05-2015, 02:09 PM
I like the colors and composition, but I think that you needed either a faster or slower shutter speed. As is, the waves just look messy and indistinct. With a much slower shutter speed, they'd look smooth. With a faster SS, which I prefer (I know I'm in the minority), the waves would look more distinct. I would reduce aperture, raise ISO and raise SS speed to clear up those waves.

Don Railton
06-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Hi Dave

Thanks for commenting... I have another at 1/2 sec but the wave is smeared over much more of the image and you loose the leading line, if that's important...so the faster image might work best to retain that line.

DON

Diane Miller
06-07-2015, 09:18 AM
I love the soft colors here, and the subtle light on the waves. I don't find the amount of blur to be distracting, but it would be interesting to compare other shutter speeds. Maybe even composite different ones in different parts of the image.

I could wish for a bit more room on the left, but would hate to give up the shoreline to get it.

Don Railton
06-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Hi Diane, actually I have started on a composite and will post if I am happy with the results..

Andrew McLachlan
06-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Hi Don, lovely sky and I am also fine with the amount of motion / blur to the water...I love the rocks on the right, but want to see more of them...maybe not possible or maybe you have alternate comps with more rocks? NIce work!

Don Lacy
06-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Hi Don, I am having trouble with the comp on this one my eye keeps settling on the brightest area which is all the way in the far left corner. I actually think the image might be stronger if youdid not include it

Don Railton
06-22-2015, 11:15 PM
HI Andrew.

It seems i have ignored you.. sorry about that and thanks for the comments. I don't have any with more rock but this beach is quite local so next time I will experiment along those lines..

Hi Don
I have to agree... a crop from the left might work better, or else I have to reduce the brightness of the sun. A lumo mask might help here. Thanks for pointing this out.

Don