PDA

View Full Version : Magrove Warbler

Lorant Voros
06-04-2015, 10:26 AM
A met a crazy fellow mangrove warbler yesterday. Story comes here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/128983-The-hardest-oponent-in-the-world
I did some doctoring on the perch and lowered the highlights on the leaves. Comments are welcome.

1DMKIV
500mm
+1.4TC(Sigma)
ISO1250
f: 8
1/200
handheld

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Buena buena!
Very nice light and pose in this one!

Karl Egressy
06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Excellent pose and composition and the bird is truly beautiful, Lorant.

gail bisson
06-04-2015, 02:04 PM
What a great bird!
Love the light. the perky pose with the tail spayed upwards and the BG.
I find the leaves in the LLC a bit " heavy" as they tend to pull the eye away. Having said that, I wonder if you included the entire leaf that has the tip cut off would add a bit more space behind the bird and give it a better feel.
A wonderful shot as is though,
Gail

William Dickson
06-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Beautiful image Lorant. Love the comp. The colours on the bird are very nice and go well with the BG. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Will

Marina Scarr
06-04-2015, 10:29 PM
This image brought a smile to my face. It absolutely rocks. The light is amazing, as is the pose and the bright colors.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-04-2015, 11:54 PM
I can see Gail's note about having more leaves in. Makes sense in a way. For me, the little bright green bit hanging in at the top to the right draws my eye to it. Once I noticed it, my eyes were just being dragged there.

No biggie though. What an awesome pose with the tail, the general BG is great and there is heaps of details.

Outstanding shot IMO.

Daniel Cadieux
06-05-2015, 06:38 AM
What a great pose this fella gave you!! Great colours and light. Maybe a bit more room top and right would help with the "heaviness" of the leaves. Was the nictitating membrane partially closed? I seem to see some "haze" on the top right part of the eye and seeping onto the pupil....

Still a fantastic image, I love it!

Lorant Voros
06-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I can include that leaf and I have a little more room above. I actually tried that as I was missing a part of the leaf, but eventually found the bird too centered in the composition. I will give it another try after your input. :) Thanks again.