PDA

View Full Version : Deadly fella II

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-04-2015, 06:46 AM
A more scary pose by the same Eastern Brown Snake.
I was a little further back, but not too much.
Approximately 70% of the original frame

1DMkIIn, 300/4L IS USM
Av mode
ISO400, f/5.6, 1/2500th, 0EC

Marc Mol
06-04-2015, 09:27 AM
I like this even better than the first Akos, the coiled/pose/curve & open mouth and for the simply reason that it depicts everything about the world's second most venomous land

based snake, very well done :w3

TFS

gail bisson
06-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Holy cr*p this is awesome!
Love, love the fierceness and danger the striking pose conveys.
I am terrified of snakes and this image will be in my dreams tonight! Which is a good thing because it has left a lasting impression.
DOF perfect, tack sharp and amazing POV.
You nailed this one Akos.
I like the slightly out of focus body on the LHS but could also see a version with it cropped out.
10/ 10 from me!
Gail

Mike Hitchen
06-04-2015, 03:21 PM
That is one heck of a pose!! I think the focus and DOF are spot on and make it even more impressive.

The only thing I would change is to have more of the out of focus coils in the frame - having just a glimpse of them I find a bit distracting. But I don;t think you could crop if because you need that amount of body on the floor to 'ground' the image

Loi Nguyen
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Another one of your snake! This is very scary and is unique. I'd go for a little more crop on the left. TFS. Loi

Rachel Hollander
06-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi Akos - Definitely a more menacing pose. I took it into PS and cropped the bit of oof body out on the left and it was even more menacing and effective. Techs, details and sharpness all look great! Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
06-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Hi Akos -- Another cracker of an image !! I would also like to agree with Loi and Rachel for cropping it from the LHS !! TFS

Gabriela Plesea
06-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Just awesome, Akos! Saw it on my laptop earlier today and thought I'd wait till I can view on the big screen - this is one stunning capture... and yep, would love to have this in my folders:)

I too think that Rachel's suggestion makes sense, more impact if you cropped a tad from the LHS, not just because of the OOF bit but simply because you'll be placing the head of the snake in the right position within the frame. BG is great and I love that shallow DOF!!!

Have a super week-end:)

Steve Canuel
06-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Cool shot. Agree with a little more off the left.

Raymond Barlow
06-08-2015, 08:11 PM
As they all said.. killer image mate!

Andre Pretorius
06-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi Akos

Bit late to the party...
Agree with previous tech crits, but this image ROCKS !

shane shacaluga
06-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Super pose and techs are perfect! Agree with points above on the crop from left

Other than that you nailed it

TFS

Dvir Barkay
06-13-2015, 03:00 AM
Great image, awesome pose, just very good!

Andreas Liedmann
06-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Hi Akos seen them myself in down under , but at that time , i was not that brave like you . As i was traveling alone i was a bit afraid of coming into trouble with these guys .
A real stunning image of this very nice snake .
IQ is looking so good for this old cam , so you did really well with the kit and in post :wave:.

Great work , TFS Andreas

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Thanks Andreas. I would not be so bold if alone. I give them a fair distance, as each one is different in personality, but all can move extremely fast. Thus far, all specimens I came across by myself have been very skittish, fleeing at first sight. Which is a pity, they are rather handsome.

I love my 1DMkIIn. Old, but still an excellent body capable of producing beautiful files to date.

Morkel Erasmus
06-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Akos this just rocks - so crisp and clear, the low angle and pose take it to the next level!
:5