PDA

View Full Version : Pike

David Cowling
06-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Not sure which forum to show this on so will give this one a go. I was carrying out a project on dragonflies in a local fen and I saw the shadowy outline of the fish in the stream. I knew that I would not be able to show the fish with normal exposure so I used flash to light up the stream and the fish with it. The stream is about 2 feet deep.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic 100-300 Nissin Flash

1/100 @ f 5.6 ISO 200

Raymond Barlow
06-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Brings back great memories, thanks, and well done.

Rachel Hollander
06-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Hi David - Interesting to see a fish posted and you did well with the flash to light the stream. Wildlife is definitely a proper place to post this kind of image. I would consider either burning the sticks in the ulc or cropping from the top to more of a pano to eliminate them. As is, I find the brightness of those sticks in places to draw the eye. You did well to get the fish sharp at a relatively slow ss but the image appears a little oversharpened to me.

It would be great to get your thoughts on other people's wildlife images too. We recommend posting comments on at least 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own. It helps us all learn from each other and fosters a sense of community.

TFS,
Rachel

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Agree with the crop. Nicely done. In an ideal situation, the fish would be angled towards us, from top to the bottom. But still looks good as presented.
TFS