PDA

View Full Version : Sidelit Kubu

Mark Dumbleton
06-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Fading sunlight sidelights the mysterious granite landscape of Kubu Island on a winter evening.

Camera & Settings : Nikon D800 | Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 | ISO 100 | f/11 | 1/60sec

Image created using two exposures of differing focus points, focus stacked in Photoshop for increased depth of field. The foreground was very close to the lens, hence the need for multiple exposures.

Andrew McLachlan
06-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi Mark, love this scene. The foreground rocks are great and good that you included lots of them. Good choice to go with the focus stacking technique as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your landscapes!

Diane Miller
06-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Wow! Great light, leading lines, wonderful tree embracing great clouds... Fantastic!!

Don Railton
06-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Hi Mark.

This is very nice and love the intense colour of the sky. I would have preferred a little more light on the tree seeing it was you focus point but thats being picky..

DON

Mark Dumbleton
06-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the comments folks. Don, I agree with you. I would have also liked more clouds to the left portion of sky, balancing the composition even more.

Don Lacy
06-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Wonderful use of light and shadow to create depth and a great perspective leading to the tree.

Gabriela Plesea
06-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Beautiful image Marc, love everything about it! The thumbnail just caught my eye immediately. Love the shadows, wonderful 3-D feel to this landscape, I find this image very attractive , superb colours - wonderful work, I so enjoyed viewing, TFS!!!

Warmest regards,

Dvir Barkay
06-13-2015, 03:06 AM
This is very nice indeed, good colors. There is a bit of posterization in the sky and I might be tempted to ease the level of saturation in the sky but that is rather nit picky.

All the best, Dvir

Morkel Erasmus
06-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Hey Mark - great to see you back posting! Apologies for the late reply, I was in the Lowveld for 2 weeks.
Love the rich colours and textures here...it's a blotch on my name that I've never been to Kubu (have been on the Makgadikgadi pans many years ago though).
Nicely composed and expertly processed.

I hope you contribute more regularly both here and in Wildlife! :cheers: