PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Mom in Garden of Eden

Loi Nguyen
05-31-2015, 05:10 PM
I find this is an unusual background for a Cheetah. We had just a hint of Fall colors at Mashatu Game Reserve. Int his particular morning, the Cheetah family was trying to shake loose of 3 pesky hyenas. Mom was looking back at her cubs and the trailing hyenas.

1DX
100-400 II @ 214mm
1/1600
f5.6
ISO-3200
HH

the Cheetah was on the move, so I wanted a high enough SS to prepare for actions. The noise isn't that bad at ISO-3200 with the 1DX.

Thank you for commenting on my previous images.

Loi

haseeb badar
06-01-2015, 04:20 AM
Hi Loi -- A beautiful looking Cheetah with lovely light ! your PP work is also great , i find the image a bit tilted towards our LHS and also i can see a bit of noise in the BKG . Colors look good to me . Lets see what others have to say . TFS !!

BenBotha
06-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Lovely colours and specimen. I do not see noise, it looks more than OOF thorns in the background. TFS.
Ben

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-01-2015, 04:56 AM
This image is all elegance Loi. I really like everything about it, even the busy habitat.
Really cool mate!
I cannot see noise either.

Rachel Hollander
06-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Hi Loi - I think you've got your pp mojo back. Looks good in all respects. Yes, with this bg I would expect to see a leopard rather than a cheetah. Nice one!

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
06-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Nice early light and pose here Loi, the BG noise is pretty minimal IMO and well handled.

Might try a crop & drag in from top RHC to have the her a little less central, but not a deal breaker.

TFS

Gabriela Plesea
06-02-2015, 01:08 PM
This is indeed one pretty looking cheetah in lovely surroundings, Loi. Wonderful rich habitat and some beautiful light, nice ISO for good SS in case the subject took off unexpectedly:w3, and did I mention I love the framing and presentation overall?

Wonderful work in the field as well as behind the computer, a nice "sunny" feel to the image despite the pending threat of the hyenas approaching, love the alert pose from the cheetah - I really enjoyed this, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,