PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Breakfast

Michael Stern
05-31-2008, 07:39 PM
This photo was taken in Everglades National Park this past December in the morning. The heron flew by me dipped into the water and flew back up nearby with this catfish....about 9 am. It was a very trusting bird and let me get close enough to get this image. Hope you like and as always comments/suggestions most welcome.
Best to All,
Michael
Canon 5D ; 400 f5.6;
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 800
Focal length: 400mm

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Well captured and I like the composition. The open mouth of the catfish adds to it. The heron's head looks a bit soft on my monitor and the BG a bit noisy.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Great timing on this one Michael and the fish is a real bonus. I find that a little boost in contrast would strengthen this image as well as another round of USM. Many thanks for sharing.

Ed Cordes
05-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Image with great impact. The colors are good. I agree about extra sharpening and a tad more contrast.

Daniel Cadieux
06-01-2008, 08:55 AM
This is very cool! I agree with some more sharpening, but contrast seems fine at my end. Even the catfish's whiskers are perfectly placed :-)

Dieter Schaefer
06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Excellent capture, fish with open mouth an extra bonus. Agree on sharpening (applied some in my edit, as well as noise reduction on the background), also added a little contrast and lightened the fish just a tad. Not sure about the crop, feels to me there is too much bulk showing on the left.

Michael Stern
06-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Thank you all for the feedback and I agree on all accounts and will somewhat modify my image accordingly....MUCH appreciated !!!
Michael