PDA

View Full Version : New to the world

Andreas Liedmann
05-25-2015, 10:39 AM
is this Grey Seal at the moment of capture . Just roughly 1 hour after given birth by his/her mum.
Image taken at the Grey Seal rookery at Donna Nook in Dec 2009.
So old kit and low knowledge making this not as good from the technical POV as today :bg3:, but still worth posting for me.

Canon EOS 1D MK II n
EF 500 IS L
Tripod + Gitzo fluid head

F 5,6 ; Iso 400 ; 1/500 sec

Processed with DPP 3 and PS CC ; cropped for comp to pano .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous seal posting :wave:.

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
05-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Heart melting stuff, Andreas - did you actually witness the birth? Adorable little pup and such lovely expression, looks so vulnerable.

Old kit perhaps, but your PP work does wonders:w3 Nice and sharp on the face and the colours look good, I notice a slight tinge of green on the seal's body here and there - is the fur stained from rolling on the grass? Cannot believe how cute he is...

Love it, you had this in your folders for so long and only sharing it now? The content is superb, thank you so much for sharing Boet, very special image, I so enjoyed viewing!

Warmest regards,

Andreas Liedmann
05-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Thanks Gabriela you got me on the color , operator error due to thoughtless change in the save for web command :wave:, should look like normal now ..... at least i hope :bg3:.
I actually do not know if i saw this birth or another one , but i saw some

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
05-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Yes it does, looking great now:5

Have you any images of a female giving birth? It would be awesome to see!

So looking forward to see what else you have in those folders, this was a lovely surprise:w3

Andreas Liedmann
05-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Gabriela if i find the time this week ........ you will find a story about your request ........ somewhere in here

Andre Pretorius
05-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Hi Andreas

Gabriela called me from the kitchen to come and look at Andreas's image.. I didn't have glasses on, thought she was in Family and Friends, my Boetie has a new puppy...:tinysmile_shy_t:

Love it, very emotional with embryonic sac still attached. Those sad, enquiring eyes are very draining.
Hope he is swimming deep and eating fish, getting plenty of omega 3&6 now!
His coat looks better now with another washing cycle and greens removed.
Some blues on face, is that how they are?
Cheers for now...

Gabriela Plesea
05-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Andreas, I think I know/hope/anticipate and will be patiently waiting for the story:) Thank you so much!

Andreas Liedmann
05-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Thank you Andre for your comment , yes there is tiny bit of blue , already reduced a ton , went for a cooler look in the conversion and the price has been added blue in the shadows .
Bit i can live with it as presented , removed them completely and it did not look as good from my POV .

Anyhow thanks again my Bro

Rachel Hollander
05-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Hi Andreas - What a great moment captured! Colors of rp look much better to me too. Excellent detail and just love those big eyes! Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
05-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Thanks Rachel for stopping by and leaving your comment , much appreciated .

Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Hi Andreas, RP is certainly an improvement and although I know they do inhabit areas like this, I still much prefer you seascape images.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Thanks Steve i see where you coming from with your view , i actually also prefer image taken at the beach .
But they do the breeding business in that kind of area at Donna , so if i want to take images of that part of their life cycle ......... no choice of BG or habitat :tinysmile_shy_t:, take what you can get and be happy !!!

I guess you fully understand my point .

Thanks again Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-27-2015, 01:47 PM
But they do the breeding business in that kind of area at Donna , so if i want to take images of that part of their life cycle ......... no choice of BG or habitat, take what you can get and be happy !!!

Totally agree, I think it's just the aesthetics and your 'beachscapes' are more in keeping :S3:.

Andreas Liedmann
05-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Yes aesthetics are working better , and i guess a freshly new born baby is always less attractive than a few days old baby when they are having that fluffy look .

haseeb badar
05-28-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi Andreas -- what a cute baby ! i have never seen this before with seals , TFS !

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-29-2015, 08:10 AM
What a gorgeous little seal.
Excellent work Andreas and there's nothing wrong with a 1DMkIIn, I have one. Use it semi-regularly and it is capable of taking really wonderful images. You'd already know that though. :)

The crop works well this way I think.