PDA

View Full Version : Song Sparrow

Geoffrey Montagu
05-24-2015, 03:12 PM
With the recent trip to Brigantine we were first greeted by this Song Sparrow, and many RWBL. Shortly thereafter we happened on the flyover of the many Glossy Ibis. C&C welcome.

D4s, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 tc, 1/2000, f 6.7, ISO 400, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

Lyle Gruby
05-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Love the pose and perch. The bird looks a bit washed out like it is either slightly OOF or the shot needs some contrast. I like the setting overall, but the small branches on the right are a little overpowering. TFS.

keith mitchell
05-24-2015, 03:26 PM
You have captured a very nice singing pose with nice sharp detail Geoffrey, wonder how it would look with a bit taken from the right of the image or would that unbalance it? not sure ,anyway it's a fine looking image as it is, thanks for giving us a look.

Keith.

Geoffrey Montagu
05-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Love the pose and perch. The bird looks a bit washed out like it is either slightly OOF or the shot needs some contrast. I like the setting overall, but the small branches on the right are a little overpowering. TFS.

Thanks Lyle. I added a bit more contrast a sharpened a few points also removed some of the branches to the right in repost.

Geoffrey Montagu
05-24-2015, 04:14 PM
You have captured a very nice singing pose with nice sharp detail Geoffrey, wonder how it would look with a bit taken from the right of the image or would that unbalance it? not sure ,anyway it's a fine looking image as it is, thanks for giving us a look.

Keith.

Thanks Keith. I'm not so sure it would unbalance it, but I think it helped to remove some of the branches to the right in repost.

Geoffrey

Karl Egressy
05-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Nice singing pose captured, Geoffrey. I would tempted to suggest to clone out the non perch sticks as you have too many in the frame.

Daniel Cadieux
05-25-2015, 09:59 AM
I actually like all the sticks in there in this case (and the repost works for me, too)! Neat singing pose. If mine I'd darken the pupil and tone down the brightest whites on the throat.