PDA

View Full Version : Theme Barn Owl and Young

John Robinson
05-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Barn owl and Young
Really scraping the barrel archives now ! One I raked out for a friend recently thought you may like to see. Done in the far off days of flash- frowned upon now of course . We had no other choice. Taken in 1974
on Ecktachrome 200 !!
Copied in home made slide copier on D7100
Two metz 402 heads in one unit.
F16 30th sec.
Hide tripod etc.
Trouble was you couldn't see anything so you only took a shot when you could hear a faint click as the bird landed. very hit and miss to say the least. I did try a red filtered light with Tawny owls but it dodn't seem to work very well.
Hope you enjoy it. I have to appologise for the image IQ.!
Cheers
John R

William Dickson
05-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Great work here John and I think you captured the moment well. The interaction is fantastic, and I love the expression on the one facing the camera. Good work.

When do you go up north?

Will

John Robinson
05-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks Will
Travel overnight Friday. A friend has baited the martens for us ! Fingers crossed !!
Nice redstart in the garden on 7 eggs !!
Should be ok when I get back. My wish list is Oystercatcher, Ringed Plover, Golden, Common Gull,Whinchat, Stonechat, SnipeOtter ,Seals-that should do !! Wehave the usde of a canadian canoe so that should be good !!
Cheers
John

Karl Egressy
05-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Great interaction image, John. 1974, it's been a long time.

christopher galeski
05-24-2015, 01:50 AM
nice interaction,the shrew does not look happy.

Lyle Gruby
05-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Looks like you times this one right! This is definitely a shot I'd have held onto for 41 years too. I can't imagine attempting this with film. The cut-off wing doesn't really bother me here. The 2 owls in the BG really take this over the top. I love the one looking over the front one's shoulder.