PDA

View Full Version : Tri-colored Heron

Joseph Przybyla
05-22-2015, 01:41 PM
I captured this image early yesterday morning at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 195mm (292mm FFE)
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering - 1/3 EV AWB
Post processed in Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 10
Cropped for composition

William Dickson
05-22-2015, 03:25 PM
I would love to have this sunlight to work with Joe. Makes the image so refreshing. I love the look on the face as it keeps an eye on its prey, shaking about. Great details on the image. I like the vegetation in the FG but not sure about it in the BG. Nice POV and I like the bubbles caused by the movement on the legs. Good work

Will

keith mitchell
05-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Agree with Will re the sunlight that you have but sometimes it can be also difficult at least that's the way I found it, you have used it very well for this fine shot Joe, fish and droplets of water add interest, I very much like the whole scene ,thanks for giving us a look.

Keith.

arash_hazeghi
05-22-2015, 04:14 PM
I like the sweet light, good exposure and details, I find the bigger leaves a bit distracting, and a lower angle would have been a bit better

TFS

gail bisson
05-23-2015, 03:17 PM
I like the bright colors but would reduce the exposure slightly on the entire image.
I think you could pull the highlights down- whites are hot on the leg and throat.I would also do another round of NR.
I am on the fence about the stems on the right.
I really like the ripples and bubbles. Nice to have the fish in the beak and overall a very pleasing image that would be made even better with a few tweaks!
Gail

Karl Egressy
05-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Nice action shot, nice image. I was wondering if you could go a bit darker on the bird by pulling the mid tones down, Joe.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-25-2015, 03:36 AM
Agree with Gail. While the image is great in its essence it does cry out some mega bright areas, as mentioned. Could also work with a bit less room above. Good work!