PDA

View Full Version : Space Monster

Colin Driscoll
05-22-2015, 06:30 AM
A storm cell in the Upper Hunter Valley, eastern Australia. I had my 5D3 and lenses in the car but the cell was moving so quickly that I just grabbed this shot with my phone camera. Apple iPhone 6, f/2.2 @ 4.15 mm, 1/120, ISO 160

Dvir Barkay
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Wow, reminds me of the storm cells in Kansas when I lived there. It is pretty in pictures but actually being there is always a bit unnerving.

Morkel Erasmus
05-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Intense!
Did you use the pano feature on the iPhone? It seems a bit soft, perhaps just due to hand movement?

Colin Driscoll
05-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Yes Morkel, I did use the pano feature. The softness is due to wind moving the grass and the fact that the whole system was on the move. Nevertheless I though it dramatic enough to post :)

Morkel Erasmus
05-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Yes Morkel, I did use the pano feature. The softness is due to wind moving the grass and the fact that the whole system was on the move. Nevertheless I though it dramatic enough to post :)

Thanks - sure is worth posting!
I love shooting with my iPhone6 too...

Andrew McLachlan
05-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Hi Colin, wow, this is very cool and quite ominous too...my only suggestion if you aren't opposed to such post production would be to use a quick mask selection of the clouds on the right, flip the selection horizontally, and place it over the bright, blown out section on the left.