View Full Version : Misol-Ha Waterfall

Dvir Barkay
05-21-2015, 01:45 AM

A waterfall from Mexico :)

A77, 16-50/2.8, F/8, Polarizing filter, Mexico, 2015

Don Railton
05-21-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi Dvir,

Colours look good but it's a bit dark in the shadows for me and i think i would like to see more of the water fall above what's shown here.. Not sure if that possible but a portrait format shot with that smaller rock in the lower left corner an more height showing more water falling..

Don

Colin Driscoll
05-22-2015, 06:37 AM
This looks like a situation that I would try a composite vertical pano, I expect it was quite a grand scene in its entirety. As it is the shot speaks more about what is left out than included.

Morkel Erasmus
05-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes, a "vertorama" would have been a good call (assuming it was pleasing higher up in the scene).
The lighting and colours look quite pleasing given it looks like late morning/early afternoon light - so well handled on that front.
Polariser was a good call!

Andrew McLachlan
05-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi Dvir, this looks like it is a lovely waterfall. You handled the bright sun conditions nicely. I would have preferred over-cast lighting, but when you are traveling it is not always easy to achieve and sometimes you have to take what you got and make it work, which you did. I have used Nik Detail Extractor for similar light conditions to "balance" the light a little bit better...more detail in the shadows and highlights. Nice work!