PDA

View Full Version : Red-necked Grebe

Ramon Reyes
05-19-2015, 08:09 PM
We are fortunate to have Red-necked and Horned Grebes visit the local marina every year. This was taken a few weeks back during a morning visit prior to going on a volunteer day at the furniture bank. It so happened that the furniture bank was no more than 5 minutes from the marina.

I purchased the 7d II when it was released late last year, didn't really used it much over the winter months. I was hoping that it would be far better in all aspects of it's older brother. I think it's a winner except for one thing... noise. In my opinion it's a slight improvement over the older model but it's not what I was expecting. I really like this camera but I think my next body will be a full frame.

Canon 7D II
Canon 400mm f5.6 L lens
F6.3
1/1250 sec
ISO 400
on my elbow trying to get as low as I can

Thank you for looking.
Ramon

John Robinson
05-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Hi Ramon
What a superb shot !! Looks like its looming out of the fog reflection blurred enough not to lok bad when "chopped " Love the way the BG merges right through to FG. Exquisite detail on the bird.
Wow !
John R

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-20-2015, 07:57 AM
I wish for more room for its virtual feet. Otherwise a super capture. Lots of detail and great atmosphere to it. Fantastic eye contact.

Andreas Liedmann
05-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi Ramon a very clean and well executed portrait from a low POV . Nicely done and processed .Love the tonal range and the detail you extracted . For me the Grebe do sit a bit low in the frame though .

TFS Andreas

Robert Kimbrell
05-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Super shot, A really nice background, and the transition from foreground to background is excellent. I like the exposure. I agree he sits slightly low in the frame.

Marina Scarr
05-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Amazing light, details and colors. I would move him up a bit in the frame.

Ramon Reyes
05-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I will rework moving up the subject in the frame.

Ramon