PDA

View Full Version : Hoverfly approaching a flower.

David Cowling
05-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Taken last summer.

Olympus E-M1 Pentax Asahi Takumar 100mm Macro Hand held. Manual focus

1/640 @ f 11 ISO 100

John Robinson
05-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Oh- that 100mm Takumar lens again !
very nice
John

Allen Sparks
05-24-2015, 04:40 AM
Hi David,
I like the sharp focus on the head and thorax. The wing blur is just right - gives a nice sense of motion. Fine image.

Allen

Jonathan Ashton
05-25-2015, 06:35 AM
David the hoverfly is pretty sharp in the head and thorax, the plane of focus would not permit entire focus, I appreciate they don't usually fly at the angle you would have wished for. Image quality seems to be suffering a little, how big was the crop, maybe a smaller crop would make a big difference to the quality. The colours are good but I would suggest a tad more "pop" to give some contrast. (Selective colour or a curves adjustment).

Ron Conlon
05-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I like the different look from the older lens.

Steve Maxson
05-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Not an easy shot to get - congratulations for nailing the fly in flight! There are a few things that may make the image even better - you might consider cropping a little off the left. I would also suggest doing some NR on the background to smooth it out more. I'm noticing a sharpening halo around the fly. Backing off a little on your sharpening would eliminate that. Overall, this is nicely done and worth a few tweaks to put it over the top!