PDA

View Full Version : The goose or the gander

John Chardine
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Not sure which this is but I do know they had a brood of five goslings and are very protective of them- a crow landed close to the brood and was summarily chivvied away by an aggressive parent. The image was created as the bird finished having a sip of water from the Waterfowl Park in Sackville, NB. I wish I had been a little lower when I made the shot.

I removed a few spots from the water and did normal processing in Ps incl. noise reduction (Noise Ninja).

40D, 500mm f4
capture date: Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:35:40 AM
exposure program: Aperture Priority
ISO speed: 640
shutter speed: 1/250
aperture: f8.0
exposure bias: +0.0
metering: Pattern

Alfred Forns
05-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi John Good looking goose !!! Would give a little more room behind the bird and increase the contrast overall a tad. Sure wish you had some cleaner water all around. Going lower is usually good and does clean up the bg but this level gave you the reflection which I would lighten some !!! Should have lot of fun with these guys !!!

Gus Cobos
05-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi John,
Nice composition,
Agree with Mr. Al on increasing the contrast a wee bit, and perhaps the lower capture angle...as far as the cleaner water, well, it is what it is...:cool: keep them coming...:)

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2008, 07:46 PM
I like the pose and light. To avoid a busy BG you would have to go really low in this situation.

John Chardine
06-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Many thanks for the comments. I'll rework the image.