PDA

View Full Version : White Dead nettle

John Robinson
05-13-2015, 04:38 PM
White dead nettel
What is a weed but a flower i disguise ! I am doinga set of wild flowers for a booklet. They wanted ID type pics so hence all a similar style.
D7000
Macro40mm6 Stacks in CZM
20th sec @f5.6 Slight crop. Photo BG
Cheers
JohnR

Ron Conlon
05-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Nice choice of background for a beautiful weed. I assume you put two together for the photo and it works well here. For ID purposes for the booklet, the habit might be better displayed if only one is shown.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Nice and clean John.
I can echo Ron's point about the habitat if only one image is used.
Very nicely put together as is!

John Robinson
05-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks -yes I did some with just the one so they can pick !
John

Jonathan Ashton
05-14-2015, 10:55 AM
The edges on some of the flowers look a little refractile to me but having said that it is a good image for ID purposes.
At least you are getting your stacks to work, I have just spent half a day taking 500 plus images and so far I cannot get a sharp stacked image out of CZM or Photoshop!

Diane Miller
05-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Another gorgeous shot!! The abstract-looking BG is appealing. I might soften a horizontal edge to a white cloud (?) near the LL.

Is this the same stuff it took me weeks to learn to avoid brushing against in Germany? It's stinging power makes our cholla cactus look wimpy.

Allen Sparks
05-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Hi John,

Nice image / specimen with an appealing background even though the horizontal line above your name should be blurred or cloned. Nice tones.

Allen

John Robinson
05-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Thanks all
The "line " is interesting. Looks like its on the background sheet.Well spotted. I am in he process of doing anotherset anyway.
Diane- No this is "dead" nettle- no sting!
John