PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arum

John Robinson
05-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Wild Arum/Lords ad ladies/Cuckoo Pint - whatever !
I bad plane but never mind.
D7000
Nikor 40mm macro
100 ISO
25th sec @f5
5 Stacks CZM
Slight crop/ curves in PSPro.
Cheers
JohnR
Thanks for interest inlast pic

Diane Miller
05-12-2015, 11:38 AM
A gorgeous arrangement of a beautiful plant!

Jonathan Ashton
05-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Lovely shot John, I would suggest the yellows are a little strong. Looks like you were fortunate to have a still day.

Norm Dulak
05-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Beautiful flower, composition, exposure, sharpness and background. Well done John!

John Robinson
05-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Repost

Jonathan Ashton
05-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Yes I prefer the repost.

Diane Miller
05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
I prefer the OP -- the RP has low contrast -- but could just be a matter of taste. Neither has an embedded profile so some people (depending on monitor and browser) won't be seeing it accurately.

I'd suggest some touchup blending at the top edge where it looks like some canvas was added and a tiny tip of the flower remains.

John Robinson
05-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Diane
Thanks . We,ve been here before. Everything I do --camera / PP/Monitor/printer start to finish is sRGB and has been since I started digital photography years back. My set up is incapable of producing anything else.(PSP)and cannot embed a profile or change from sRGB
As we discussed before, most browsers default to sRGB anyway.
The tip of the flower spathe is a good point. Its a quirk of CZM
It duplicates the tip and edge of the frame and mirrors about a quarter of an inch along the edges. I usually trim it off but sometimes fail to see it as in this one. You can see where it has copied the two dark blotches too.
Esily fixed.
John

Diane Miller
05-15-2015, 03:00 PM
I didn't mean to scold you about the profile. But even if an image is born and bred sRGB, if it is lacking a profile, browsers that aren't fully color-managed can show incorrect colors. Those browsers will display an image without a profile in the monitor's gamut, and especially if that is a wider-gamut AdobeRGB monitor, the colors will show increased saturation.

Obviously, the differences here could just be taste -- I just wanted to bring up a possible problem.

This would only apply to your viewers -- I assume your monitor is sRGB so you would be seeing your images accurately within your sRGB workflow in PSPro. And with an sRGB monitor (most are, except the newer pricey ones) if they don't look any different in your browser, then you're still seeing them properly represented.

John Robinson
05-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi Diane
No problem . I have taken this up with several people since we last talked about it. The interesting point is of course that they tell me whatever the profile, it is very unlikey that every one on this whole site has monitors all showing exactly the same colour- profile or not. As I say I ca't change mine so every one out there has to lve with it !:t3:t3 There is also the light in the room they are viwing in too and its unlikely they too are absolute standard. ( I,m still on candles !!)
Cheers
John

Diane Miller
05-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Quite true -- there is a lot of variation in viewing conditions and monitors, especially how well calibrated they are. Nothing any of us can do about that, any more than about the different preferences viewers will have about our images.

But for those who do have the ability to embed the profile (and convert to sRGB if it isn't already), it can prevent some of the more egregious mis-representations for a few viewers.

Just keep posting 'em the way you like -- they always look great to me, on a properly calibrated monitor and color-managed browser.