PDA

View Full Version : Return of the jedi

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Well, I hardly think so LOL. But I am back after quite some time away from BPN. Glad to still see the high-quality photography that BPN has been known for from day one in 2007 (I think?).

For some of you who may remember our big doggies, sadly both Biscuit and Pablo had developed different cancers. Pablo lost a leg to osteosarcoma nearly two years ago, but he is still fighting fit with no metastases in the lungs. His bro Biscuit (pictured with me here) sadly lost his fight with lymphoblastic leukaemia after a 12-month battle. Chemo was only so helpful. With him I lost one of my best buddies and two months later we lost our oldest cat too, to kidney failure. :( Pablo still has our little cattle dog cross Molly to keep him in check.

Our sadness is partly overcome by a new addition to our family late last year, Leila, who is a pure bred Rottweiler I found on a local animal shelter's Facebook page.

Anyway, c'est la vie. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of the old time members again! :)

Marina Scarr
05-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Welcome back, Akos! Looking forward to seeing some of the photographs you've been capturing during your absence.

Daniel Cadieux
05-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Welcome back Akos!:S3:

Norm Dulak
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Welcome back Akos! And thanks for sharing your bittersweet story. Leila looks like a wonderful companion.

Doug Brown
05-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Welcome back Ákos!

Christopher Miller
05-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Welcome back to BPN, Akos! :S3:

Diane Miller
05-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Wonderful to have you back! Looking forward to your images!

Stu Bowie
05-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Welcome back mate. Always great to have you around.

Randy Stout
05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Akos:

As I mentioned in one of your posts, very glad to have you back and contributing on BPN.

It is always hard to love and lose a pet. But better than never having that love in the first place.

Cheers

Randy

Gabriela Plesea
05-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Welcome back, Akos:wave:

Sad to hear about your beloved furry friends, but glad you found Leila-she is gorgeous!

Looking forward to viewing your images, and thank you so much for your recent - and very kind - comments on mine, I appreciate it:w3

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Welcome back mate!! :cheers:

Joseph Przybyla
06-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Not sure how I missed responding to your post here. Welcome back, I learn from your images and value your input on mine. I feel your pain over the loss of pets, Dottie and I had the same experience with our beloved cats. Like your Leila, we now have new additions to our family... Miss Kitty and Giorgio. Wishing you the best and a long interaction together in this forum.

Take care and be well, Akos