PDA

View Full Version : Wood Duck.

Karl Egressy
05-10-2015, 03:36 PM
I wish the head had been cleared from the wings but they don't cooperate with the shooter.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 7DM2
Canon 10-400 M2
ISO 640
1/2500 s
f 5.6

Mike Poole
05-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I love a good wing flap, and there aren't many better subjects that an wood duck!

Nice wing back position Karl, the only suggestions I can come up with is maybe add a sliver of canvas on the left, and do some of the whits on the bill and neck need taming a little? (Something I'm often picked up on!)

Love the action with the water droplets though

gail bisson
05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Very nice wing flap image. I think this needs a bit of CW rotation.
I really like that the duck is facing you ever so slightly giving you a great HA.
I am OK with the whites. Tack sharp with nice low POV.
I like the partial view of the feet and the water droplets on the tummy.
My only wish would be for the light to be a bit softer,
Gail

christopher galeski
05-11-2015, 12:29 AM
nice one Karl,nice flapping image,sharp with good detail,agree on a bit more canvas on left.TFS.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-11-2015, 07:18 AM
THe light seems just a tad harsh. However, the action you had captured is really good.
Agree about the head being slightly obscured at the rear, but hey, you got a darn good shot anyways. :)

Shawn Zierman
05-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Awesome pose. You handled the strong bright light quality very well and the exposure looks perfect to me. You achieved some really nice color sheen on the head of the woodie....a very fine frame Karl. Would not have minded a lower shooting angle..Agree that a smidge of CW rotation is worth considering.

Andreas Liedmann
05-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi Karl , besides the whites that does look to bright to me , this shot does work very well .
Love the pose and the color, a bit more space to the left would not hurt , but no deal breaker for me.

TFS Andreas

Jim Crosswell
05-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Great action you captured here Karl! I like the sharpness, details, wing position and composition. I agree that it needs a little CW rotation.