PDA

View Full Version : Its My Job

Dale Lorenzen
05-31-2008, 06:32 AM
Nesting Loon Canon 5D 100-400 L at 400mm ISO 640 1/400 F7 Handheld taken from boat.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Very pretty environmental image. Would love to have seen this taken at a lower level but perhaps that was not possible. Excellent detail and eye contact. The light looks a tad harsh but you handled it well. Thanks for sharing Iorenda.

Daniel Cadieux
05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
I'd love to get an opportunity to photograph a nesting loon, very cool! I'be tempted to crop from the top, leaving out half of the big rock in ULC. I'd also tone down or eliminate the root growing out of its head.

Alfred Forns
05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Big Warm Welcome !!!!

Agree on cropping half way up the rock !!! Great seeing a nesting loon can't say I've seen that many !!! Shadow detail looks great and whites is check with. Best image you could have made from your position. btw if you could pm your full name I could do the update. Trying to have all members with full names or at least two initials and last name !!! Thanks !!

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome to BPN! Very nice find. I agree with Daniel's crop and clone suggestion if that is something you do. The bird looks a bit soft on my monitor. Keep them coming!