PDA

View Full Version : Wood Duck.

Karl Egressy
05-07-2015, 08:01 PM
We took a friend to High Park Toronto and did some shooting of the Wood Ducks again.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 7D Mark II
Canon 100-400 L IS Marl II.
ISO 640
1/2500 s (ready for action shot)
f 5.6

John Robinson
05-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Superb colour and pose on this one.Like the sort of three quarters look- and a reflection but at least its wiggley !!!
You certainlyhave the light too
Good stuff
JohnR

keith mitchell
05-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Karl lovely detail and pin sharp ,reflection adds a lot to this image, like this a lot.

Keith.

arash_hazeghi
05-08-2015, 02:25 AM
nice colors, I wish you could shoot at a bit lower angle, some of the whites are blown

TFS

christopher galeski
05-08-2015, 03:09 AM
nice capture Karl,agree on lower POV,also I too see some blown whites,TFS.

Karl Egressy
05-08-2015, 05:32 AM
Thank you all. I'm a big fan of low angle shooting and I always do when it is possible.

Joseph Przybyla
05-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Lovely image Karl. I agree some of the whites look a little hot. If your are like me, a lower POV works wonderful for the younger guys. But when you are seventy-two and a little over weight getting down is not the problem it is getting up afterwards. Not very pretty or graceful.... Thank you for sharing.

Karl Egressy
05-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Lovely image Karl. I agree some of the whites look a little hot. If your are like me, a lower POV works wonderful for the younger guys. But when you are seventy-two and a little over weight getting down is not the problem it is getting up afterwards. Not very pretty or graceful.... Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, Joe. I'm seventy two as well. I can go down and my lovely and strong wife helps me get up, LOL.

Andreas Liedmann
05-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Hi Karl always great to see one of those colorful ducks .
You have a nice comp and reflection in the water , good detail and nice colors .
I just think your contrast is a wee bit high . causing the whites to look /be blown , plus the blacks do look a bit too strong for my taste .
Maybe you could lower the contract and see if you can extract more detail from HL and SH , just a thought .

TFS Andreas