PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Duck hen giving herself a wash

Andreas Liedmann
05-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi folks another frame from the Grebe location , just another species .
Again taken from the wooden jetty with the reeds given the yellow color to the water . I was not sure about the intensity of the blue sky reflection in the water , but i decided to leave it in as a color contrast .
I was also not sure about the wing blur , but nothing i could afterwards , so i thought i like it this way :bg3:.

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II + 2xTC
HH

F 9 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp with Auto Iso .

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp from all sides ; 75 % of FF .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting .

C&C are more than welcome , cheers Andreas

John Robinson
05-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Looks ok to me Andreas. I reckon its usually a good idea to leave things be. If thats how it was then it was ! Just my humble view. Water droplets and wing movement tell the story.
John

Karl Egressy
05-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Nice dynamic action shot with vivid colors, Andreas.

arash_hazeghi
05-08-2015, 02:37 AM
very nice Andreas, I like the low shooting angle, flying water drops and the dynamic pose. I can imagine both wings having an even stronger dynamic position but this is pretty neat as is

TFS

christopher galeski
05-08-2015, 03:19 AM
very nice,like the action and colors,nice light.TFS

Marina Scarr
05-08-2015, 07:40 AM
The most important part of a bird to get sharp is the head and eye which you did here, and the action/behavior is so strong that it outweighs any distraction by the blurred wing. I think this is a special frame. Love all the splashes.

Daniel Cadieux
05-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Nothing wrong with the blue in the water, looks good to me. I love the splashing action, and the near wing in a "flapping" motion. The far wing could be in a better position IMO, but this is what you had as you say. I'm really digging the rich dark reddish tones along the neck and shoulder.

Jonathan Ashton
05-08-2015, 12:07 PM
The details are excellent as are the colours. I like the blurred wing tips and the pin sharp head.