PDA

View Full Version : Gannet & Herring gulls

Jonathan Ashton
05-06-2015, 08:19 AM
Hand held Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 Auto ISO 160 -1.0, 1/1000 sec f8. Another shot from Bempton cliffs, clearly the gulls did not appreciate the gannet flying over their space.
I patched a couple of OOF gulls from the background, I applied just a little dodge and burn to the gannet and I raised the curve a little for the grassy area.
All C&C welcome.

David Cowling
05-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Good interaction shot. All three birds are nicely exposed and stand out well against the North Sea background. A pity that the Gannet isn't looking more towards the camera but I guess that he has more important things on his mind!

Gerald Kelberg
05-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Hi Jon,

Nice interaction - looking at the image I can hear the gulls screaming! Makes me laugh!

Good image quality - the details on the Gannet look first rate.

What would you say to moving the Gannet over towards the RHS, just so he has more space to fly into?

Regards, Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
05-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Hi Jon,

Nice interaction - looking at the image I can hear the gulls screaming! Makes me laugh!

Good image quality - the details on the Gannet look first rate.

What would you say to moving the Gannet over towards the RHS, just so he has more space to fly into?

Regards, Gerald

Thanks Gerald The image is almost full frame, I cropped slightly from the top right corner. I will see how it looks adding a little canvas with content aware.

Gerald Kelberg
05-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Hi Jon, i was thinking of something as simple as a quickmask over the Gannet and a portion of water and just move it over to halve the distance between the wingtip and the edge. Brutal, but effective!

Best regards, Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
05-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi Jon, i was thinking of something as simple as a quickmask over the Gannet and a portion of water and just move it over to halve the distance between the wingtip and the edge. Brutal, but effective!

Best regards, Gerald

I see - I think - how's this?

Steve Kaluski
05-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Like the behavioural aspect here Jonathan and the POV, looking down, but prefer the OP.

TFS
Steve

Gerald Kelberg
05-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi Jon,

I was thinking of it without the extra top and side - more within the posted frame... not quite as extreme...

Regards, Gerald