View Full Version : keel-billed toucan

stuart wanuck
05-05-2015, 07:15 PM
nikon d 810
300 mm f 8

Randy Stout
05-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Stuart:

That amazing bill shows very well here. Exposure generally good, except for a few hot spots on the yellows. Dappled light always a challenge.

In a perfect world, wish he wasn't blocked by the foliage on the right, but the bill and eye are the most important elements to be in the clear, as here.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
05-06-2015, 01:52 AM
great pose and details, love the display of environment, I also wish the foliage had not blocked him

TFS

John Robinson
05-06-2015, 07:17 AM
What a superb image. Just my kind od back (and forward)drop too!
Great stuff. Detail is spot on/
JohnR

David Cowling
05-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Love the detail of the eye and beak. Exposure very good. Not too concerned by the leaves covering the body, but for me the leaf directly above the bill is a little distracting. Nice image.

Gerald Kelberg
05-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes, it would have bene nice to have the body showing as well, but the head and that amazing bill showing so beautifully in the environment is so good that I'm not bothered!

Super shot, well done! Gerald

adrian dancy
05-06-2015, 10:59 AM
What a charming image and a stunning bird. I think that the leaves covering the bird do not detract. This image is not a straight forward portrait (which would be nice to have) but one which describes the bird's character in habitat, and as such, if I was ever lucky enough to make images of this bird like your image I'd gladly have it in my portfolio. Nice work.

Daniel Cadieux
05-06-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm OK with the leaves at right, for the same reasons that Peter described better than I could have. I love the image overall, if anything I'd probably tone down or blend away the brighter whitish areas near the tail.

Joe Subolefsky
05-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Having chased them myself I have no problem with a little being covered by the foliage. They ain't easy. Wish I had one this nice.

Glenn Conlan
05-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Very nice capture and the environment that they live in.