PDA

View Full Version : Two in one! (first landscape post)

Ramon M. Casares
05-31-2008, 02:31 AM
Hi there! First, as always, thank you all for your comments on my images, I apreciate them very much.
Now here's a picture that I particulary like, it's as the tittle says, two in one, on one hand I have this nice sunset very colorfull and "happy" and on the other hand I have this stormy, dark, "sad" landscape, I don't know what you'd think, let me know your thoughts! Enjoy!!

Xt+70-200mm 2.8+2x+handheld
tv 1/1600
av f/11
iso 400
Full frame

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Ramon,
Welcome to the landscape forums! I like this compositionally.........as you placed the tree very well in the frame. I like my silhouettes to be very dark/black......so i may darken them a bit............I would probably boost the saturation a bit also............but I am making these recommendations from a new laptop............and I'm not sure how it compares with my desktop yet..........so I hope I don't have to correct myself when i get to view them from my desktop! The little dark clouds make this one for me. Well done!

Robert Amoruso
06-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Overall I agree with Roman's suggestions and would like to make one more. It seems the trees are not sharp. Perhaps they need more sharpening, but if critical focus is on the clouds, you can get the trees in focus by making two images. One of the trees and one of the bright clouds, each image focused separately. Then merge the two in PS. Called DOF bracketing. with the expanse of gray space between the two - it would be a snap with this image to have done.

Overall, I like the mood and composition.

Gus Cobos
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Ramon,
I'm not an expert on landscapes...but I do like your composition. The sky and the cloud formation are fantastic...:)

Ramon M. Casares
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Thnak you all very much for your comments and thoughts, just to make it clear, In my computer I see the vegetation shapes plain black and in high res I can tell that the focus is there and not in the clouds, but as I was very far from the whole scene, the DOF is big so everything looks preety sharp.
So well, as I said, thank you very much, every comment is very well recieved and noted! Have a graet day!

Robert Amoruso
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Thnak you all very much for your comments and thoughts, just to make it clear, In my computer I see the vegetation shapes plain black and in high res I can tell that the focus is there and not in the clouds, but as I was very far from the whole scene, the DOF is big so everything looks preety sharp.
So well, as I said, thank you very much, every comment is very well recieved and noted! Have a graet day!

Thanks for the feedback Ramon. Many times the small JPG does not do the original justice. Glad to here your DOF covered the whole range well.

Mike Moats
06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey ramon, a truly awesome image,congrats.