PDA

View Full Version : Narcissus

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Narcissus.
5 Stacked in CZM
Found I hadn't read the instructions for CZM/CZR- makes a big difference. Many of my earlier stacks were done without lining the shots up before stacking !!
D7000
Nikr 40 mm macro. tripod/Release. Slight crop. Neat image
25th sec @f5
100ISO
Thanks for looking.
John
PS You can have a choice of several back drops !!

Jonathan Ashton
05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Lovely shot John and I like the background I would suggest it is perhaps a little contrasting in parts.
The composition is pleasing, I would say whites are very good but I think the yellow in the flowers are quite a way oversaturated -(this would be very obvious in a Adobe raw conversion as in Elements or Lightroom.. and easily fixed.:w3)

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Jon
No raw to convert In actual fact they are very bright in this cultivar. Esily altered though in PSP
John

David Cowling
05-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Lovely shot John with lots of detail. The white petals are well exposed and colours look fine to me. The background works well with this image.

Nnice work.

Jonathan Ashton
05-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Jon
No raw to convert In actual fact they are very bright in this cultivar. Esily altered though in PSP
John
John don't you shoot in raw format, then make jpegs and stack the jpeg or alternatively stack TIFF files?

John Robinson
05-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Jon
No- never shoot raw .
At 24 million pixels my gear takes too long to even open the files never mind anything else. . I don't seem to do too bad on jpegs- and most of mystacks are done on medium size to save processing time. As I have said before I don't take my snapping that seriously.
John