PDA

View Full Version : Willow Warbler

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Willow Warbler
Another first for this year at the pool. Plenty of these around - dropped in this last week. Only reason I know its not a Chiffchaff is that it was singing in the water!!
Low sun from the right
D7100
Nikor 70-300mm
180th @f9
800 ISO
Neat image
Slight crop.
Bit of black stick removed bottomright.
Thanks for comments on my last pic,
Cheers
John

Stu Bowie
05-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Hi John, good feather detail here, and I do like the large droplets on the back and tail. Lovely colours to the water BG.

Geoffrey Montagu
05-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Like everything about this image, John. Nice beads of water on the back, and the underwater dead leaf surrounding is a good compliment to the birds modest coloration.

Geoffrey

Joe Subolefsky
05-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Great sharpness and detail. The clarity and detail below the surface of the water around the bird really takes it up a notch to me.

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks Guys
Appreciate your interest. The water is more or less running so it does keep clear. The changing light during the day brings out some grand colours at times.
Thank for looking.
John

Andreas Liedmann
05-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Hi John lovely little bird in a nice setting , like the overall colors in this frame.
The dark blob in the BG is a bit too dominant , but guess no chance because of the setting to avoid that .

TFS Andreas

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks Andreas. Easily fixed
John

adrian dancy
05-05-2015, 01:22 PM
This will be another top class pool shot once you remove the vertical clone mark bottom right. Wish this was mine.

John Robinson
05-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks Adrian
Its where I took the black stump out. Heres a rectified version also one for Andreas with the black blob taken away. I could take the bird out and have some pretty water!!
Thaks again
John

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-11-2015, 06:38 AM
You could do some more patchwork along the black retouching edges. Quite visible, now that I know to look for it. Otherwise it may not have been that noticeable.
What a spectacular little bird and lovely setting with the side lighting. Just beautiful.

PS love your comment about taking the bird out and having nice water. :)