PDA

View Full Version : Female Common Redstart

Rich Steel
05-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Hi

This is a follow on from my last post. Thought I would show you the female of the pair that are visiting the mini feeding station. She is very inquisitive and a bit of a poser! I am hoping to get back up early next week so I can get a shot of the set-up but have a busy schedule lined up next week with a trip to Bass Rock for Gannets and other sea birds (Puffins, Terns and Eider) on the Farne Islands. Have I not got a job to go to? Well yes but I am currently on a 3 month sabbatical :) as I decided I needed a break after 20 years doing the same job.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/squidfish_2006/feredst102.jpg

Taken with 1Dmk3 and 500mm lens at ISO 200 F8 1/200s with evaluative metering.

Cheers

Rich

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2008, 06:14 AM
I like the pose, soft light and details. The perch is a bit dominant and I would crop a bit off the bottom. Enjoy your vacation and have a great time with all those gannets and puffins!

Alfred Forns
05-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Just the perch as Axel suggested !!!! Sure wish I could get that much time off !!! Enjoy and go after those birds !!!!

Rich Steel
06-01-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks for your replies Axel and Alfred and like the suggestion of reducing the perch size. I am really enjoying the time off and just hope the weather is kind for he sea birds next week.

Cheers

Rich