PDA

View Full Version : Chalkhill Blue.

David Cowling
05-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Getting my macro gear ready for the butterfly and dragon season and thought I would post one from last year. It could probably do with a bit off the bottom.

Olympus EM 1 : Panasonic 100-300
1/250 @ f 8 : ISO 200

Ron Conlon
05-04-2015, 05:02 PM
A jewel! The oof plant material in the lower left is a little unfortunate. Depending on your comfort with alterations, it could be replaced, but a wonderful shot all the same.

David Cowling
05-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Sorry, wrong description! This is a male common blue.

Jonathan Ashton
05-06-2015, 09:09 AM
David something has gone wrong with your post, I think the presented image has gone crunchy in the resizing process, or it is very much over sharpened. I think there is a good image but it has not been processed correctly. It may be worth having a look i the Educational Resources forum for posting guidelines etc. If you are having problems please ask we are here to help.:S3:

David Cowling
05-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Looks fine to me Jonathon. so I don't understand your comment about the image looking crunchy. I re-sized as per the posting guidlines that you have suggested as with all my other postings, and this one seems to have come out OK to me. But I bow to your superior knowledge and experience and will accept that there is a problem with the image as posted.

Diane Miller
05-10-2015, 07:11 PM
It does look oversharpened (crunchy). I think the amount of detail in the subject may be "interacting" with the resolving power of the sensor. I'd try a re-process, playing with lower sharpening in the raw converter, and also in the resizing of the JPEG.

I don't know what the cited guidelines suggest, but every image is different and can have its own unique optimal settings.