PDA

View Full Version : Crab spider

Charlene Bacchioni
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV,Canon lens mpe -65mm,f/16,ISO-100,1/300sec ,flash, handheld.

Image sharpened and contrasted.

David Cowling
05-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Love the colours and the four eyes. Nice diagonal composition of the spider. Very difficult to get a lot of the animal in focus at this magnification but I would just like to see a little more sharpness.

Steve Maxson
05-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I really like the eye-level, in-your-face view of the spider! Very nice sharpness within the shallow DOF that this lens give you. I also like the colors and comp (though I would wish the spider's leg wasn't touching the edge of the frame on the left side). Overall, this is very nicely done and I hope to see more of your work here in Macro. :S3:

Russ Norwood
05-07-2015, 09:04 AM
The color palette in this image is striking. I don't think I've ever seen pink and white spider, let alone one on a purple flower, and the juxtaposition with the reds and greens in the background is very unusual. I agree with others that the crop appears a little tight but that's minor. The diagonals in the angle of the spider's head and body add impact and your use of such limited depth of field is extremely well done. My compliments on an impressive image.

Russ Norwood

Diane Miller
05-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Great colors! I'd be tempted to crop off the left 1/3 to come in more on the spider and give it a more abstract and simpler look.

Charlene Bacchioni
05-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Thank you for all the advice and help.