PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm #2

Don Lacy
05-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Reworked an older image from two years ago that has always been one of my favorites. I reworked it using luminosity mask to ad contrast to certain tonal values saved that version then decided to take it towards the surreal with the Orton lights effect. Original post can be found here I will post a version without the Orton light effect later http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/98964-Rhythm.
1D MKIII, 17-40 f/4 at 17mm, 15s at f/16 (I am really liking the effect of dragging the shutter on my ocean images), Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 100, Raw, warming polarizer and 2 stop hard edge Grad

Don Railton
05-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Hi Don

Another wonderful image...! I can see why its a favorite. I much prefer the tones of the sky in the second, its absolutely beautiful. The rocks have more of sheen in the original which says 'wet' to me, and i think i would like a bit of that look retained... but, that's really nit picking...

regards

DON

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Hi Don, this is my new favorite of your images. Absolutely beautiful scene and very nicely processed too.

Dvir Barkay
05-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Really like this, nice silky effect in the water.

Diane Miller
05-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Gorgeous image with lovely reprocessing! I love the glow!

I'm curious how this effect compares to Nik's Glamour Glow. I'll have to try it.

peter delaney
05-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Hi Don

I haven't see original , but this re worked has everything..soft colours,soft light, lovely FG and leads the eye gently to clouds..

Well Done

Peter

Morkel Erasmus
05-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Very nice, Don. The reworked version has a more "dreamy" feel to it, and a nicer overall colour palette.
I would perhaps just tone brightest tones down ever so sligthly for more midtone punch?